my background is with TIBCO BPM and I’m looking for an open source solution for a personal project.
I only need a rough answer about each feature. Any person with experience in this product will be able to answer very quickly. Here are my questions:
- Can you declare process variable in the form of complex objects? For complex object I mean a class that can encapsulate other classes
- Can I pass objects as parameters in input and/or output of a user task or I can only use simple types
- It looks to me that forms do not support list or arrays. How do you work around if a user task needs to give in output a list of objects? For example, a User Task that asks the user to take the measurements of the windows. So the output could be 0…* windows dimensions
- Can I design a process that starts from a rest api and can that process have another process starter with a correlation input variable so if a process instance has already the same correlation value the engine will point to that process instance?
- Does the engine support global signals? For example, a process instance throws a global signal and then all the process instances can catch that signal?
- Can the signals have an input that can be correlated to particular process instances so there is a process instance for a Request for quotation that goes to various supplier but then the customer triggers a new process instance to withdraw all the request for quotation using a withdraw signal with the Request for quotation id as correlation id then all the process instances with that particular correlation id will catch the withdraw signal while the other process instance will not catch any signal.
- If a task is offered to a group and one user with the right permissions opens that task, will the task be still available to other users of the same group?
These are my main concerns about the BPM engine.
I also would like to know what are the possible solution for developing a web app with the integration of Flowable. Any CMS?
Thanks for your attention.